Xavi to step down as Barcelona coach at the end of the season (1 Viewer)

PeterPan

Legend
Local time
Yesterday 11:13 PM
Credits
South-Africa
images
Xavi Hernandez, Barcelona's coach has announced his decision to step down from the job at the end of the season, due to what he termed "UNFAIR Treatment" from the press.

In a emotional message addressed to Barca fans, Xavi said👇

“I’m leaving on June 30th, it’s over. It’s just a common sense decision for the good of the club, as a Culé”.

“Someone asked me about becoming Barça’s Sir Alex Ferguson… 𝐢𝐦𝐩𝐨𝐬𝐬𝐢𝐛𝐥𝐞. It will never happen at Barça”.

“It’s a cruel job, you always feel like you’re not valued, you’re mistreated. You see how here they [the press] kill you, they criticize you and then… 𝐢𝐭 𝐚𝐟𝐟𝐞𝐜𝐭𝐬 𝐲𝐨𝐮”.

“This has happened to every Barça manager after some time. You end up leaving, it’s not worth it to continue”.

“This decision will help unblocking the team and the mood here, 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐩𝐥𝐚𝐲𝐞𝐫𝐬 𝐰𝐢𝐥𝐥 𝐟𝐢𝐧𝐚𝐥𝐥𝐲 𝐟𝐞𝐞𝐥 𝐟𝐫𝐞𝐞 𝐚𝐠𝐚𝐢𝐧”.

“I don’t make decisions following money, my contract will never be a problem. I decide following my heart”.

“Everything will be calmer now, we can compete for the Champions League… with this decision [the press] you 𝐰𝐨𝐧’𝐭 𝐤𝐢𝐥𝐥 𝐦𝐞 𝐚𝐧𝐲𝐦𝐨𝐫𝐞! I’m the most responsible”.

“I took the decision some time ago, now it’s over and I still want to thank Laporta — his support is incredible”.

“It’s over, yes. 𝐈 𝐭𝐫𝐢𝐞𝐝…”. ❤️‍🩹

Users who are viewing this thread

Who read this thread (Total readers: 0)
    Back