Thomas Muller signs Bayern Munich contract extension amidst Manchester United rumors (2 Viewers)

BoyGeorge

Legend
Local time
Today 4:07 PM
Credits
Australia
CgAGVWWBq4WAVcQHAAQ9-hhPaPk350.jpg.webp
Bayern Munich has officially announced that the experienced forward Thomas Muller has agreed to extend his contract with the club until the summer of 2025. Muller, now 34, has been an integral part of the Bavarian giants throughout his entire career, having joined the club at the age of 10 from TSV Pahl.

Since making his professional debut in 2008, Muller has accumulated an impressive 684 appearances for Bayern across all competitions. In the process, he has netted 237 goals and contributed 261 assists. The German international has become a legend at the Allianz Arena, securing a remarkable 32 trophies with the club, including 12 Bundesliga titles.
Amid speculation about a possible departure, especially with reported interest from Manchester United, Muller, a World Cup winner in 2014, has chosen to solidify his commitment to Bayern. Rather than letting his original contract expire at the end of the current season, Muller has opted to extend it by another 18 months, extending his remarkable stay at the club to an impressive 25 years.

"I'm happy my journey at FC Bayern is continuing," Muller told the club's official website. "I want to play my part in us remaining successful, both as a team and the whole club.

"It's important to me to be a foundation and to help steer the team in the right direction. I want to excite our fans with goals, helping create goals, my love of the game, my passion for football – and hopefully with many more titles."

Bayern president Herbert Hainer further added:

"Thomas Muller belongs to FC Bayern like the Frauenkirche to Munich. He was born just outside the city, grew up at this club and is already a legend while still playing.

"Very few players achieve that. His career is littered with records in the history books. FC Bayern has been shaped by many people, and there will never again be a player like Thomas Muller."

Users who are viewing this thread

Who read this thread (Total readers: 0)
    Back