Al-Ittihad Confirms Karim Benzema Deal (1 Viewer)

Wonderboy

Staff member
Local time
Today 7:17 PM
Credits
Nigeria
benzema-al-ittihad.jpg
Reigning Saudi Arabian champions, Al-Ittihad have officially announced the acquisition of Karim Benzema, the Ballon d'Or-winning striker, on a three-year contract that extends until 2026. In a surprising move, the former French international decided to conclude his illustrious 14-year tenure at Real Madrid, despite initial expectations of a contract extension until 2024.

Benzema bid farewell to Real Madrid as their second-highest scorer of all time, having netted an impressive 354 goals in 648 appearances, while also amassing a remarkable collection of five Champions League titles with the club. Alongside these achievements, he secured four La Liga titles during his time at Real Madrid, in addition to four Ligue 1 crowns earned during his tenure with Lyon.
As Benzema embarks on the next chapter of his career, he affirms that he has accomplished all his European football aspirations and eagerly prepares to contribute to Nuno Espirito Santo's team over the next three seasons."

"I am excited to experience a new football league in a different country. Al-Ittihad Club has an amazing history, incredibly passionate fans and big ambitions in football to be a force in Asia after winning the league," the striker told Al-Ittihad's official media channels.
"I have been fortunate to achieve amazing things in my career and achieve everything I can in Spain and Europe. It now feels the time is right for a new challenge and project.

"Every time I've visited Saudi Arabia I've always felt such warmth and love from the fans and people. I am looking forward to joining my new teammates and, together with them, help take this amazing club and the game in Saudi Arabia to new levels."

Users who are viewing this thread

Who read this thread (Total readers: 0)
    Back