Jurgen Klopp to leave Liverpool at the end of the season (1 Viewer)

MartinGee

Incredible Mister 💪
Staff member
Local time
Today 11:05 PM
Credits
United-States
klopp_12532401190x786.jpg
Jurgen Klopp made a heartfelt announcement that he'll be stepping down as the Liverpool boss at the end of the season, ending a remarkable nine-year journey at Anfield.

The 56-year-old shared this news in a candid message to fans on Friday morning, explaining to liverpoolfc.com in a detailed interview that he felt he was "running out of energy" and had actually informed the owners of his decision as far back as November.

"I will leave the club at the end of the season. I can understand that that's a shock for a lot of people in this moment, when you hear it for the first time, but obviously I can explain it – or at least try to explain it," Klopp said

"I love absolutely everything about this club, I love everything about the city, I love everything about our supporters, I love the team, I love the staff. I love everything. But that I still take this decision shows you that I am convinced it is the one I have to take. It is that I am, how can I say it, running out of energy.

"I have no problem now, obviously, I knew it already for longer that I will have to announce it at one point, but I am absolutely fine now. I know that I cannot do the job again and again and again and again.

"After the years we had together and after all the time we spent together and after all the things we went through together, the respect grew for you, the love grew for you and the least I owe you is the truth – and that is the truth. That's it, pretty much."

Since taking over from Brendan Rodgers in October 2015, Klopp has been the driving force behind Liverpool's remarkable evolution into a powerhouse in the Premier League and on the global stage, thanks to his dynamic counter-pressing tactics.

During his tenure, Klopp has shaped the team according to his own vision, overseeing the arrivals of star players like Mohamed Salah, Alisson Becker, and Virgil van Dijk.

Under his leadership, Liverpool has claimed seven major trophies, including their sixth Champions League title in 2019 and their first Premier League crown in the pandemic-affected 2019-20 season. They also clinched victories in the UEFA Super Cup and Club World Cup.

In the 2021-22 season, Liverpool came close to achieving an unprecedented quadruple, chasing success in the Premier League, Champions League, FA Cup, and EFL Cup. Although they fell short in the first two competitions, they managed to secure a domestic cup double.

Klopp, a recipient of the World's Best Coach award twice, led Liverpool to their seventh trophy during his tenure, winning the 2022 Community Shield. However, despite his successes, the team faced challenges in the following season, missing out on Champions League qualification for the first time since Klopp's arrival.

Users who are viewing this thread

Who read this thread (Total readers: 0)
    Back