Jurgen Klopp confirms hamstring injury concern for Ryan Gravenberch (1 Viewer)

Kilkenny66

Local time
Today 6:14 PM
Credits
0_Britain-Soccer-Premier-League-23351651005803.jpg
Liverpool's head coach, Jurgen Klopp, has confirmed that midfielder Ryan Gravenberch appears to have picked up a hamstring injury during the Reds' 0-0 draw against Manchester United on Sunday.

The former Bayern Munich player left the field in the 61st minute, walking alongside a physio and acknowledging the fans as Cody Gakpo came on to replace him.

Liverpool's midfield is already dealing with the prolonged absences of Stefan Bajcetic (calf) and Thiago Alcantara (hip), and Alexis Mac Allister is on the path to recovery from a knee injury.

Klopp, speaking to reporters in his post-game press conference, disclosed that Gravenberch suffered a hamstring injury in the match against the Red Devils. Unfortunately, Klopp expressed skepticism about the Dutchman's chances of regaining fitness in time for the festive period.

"We will see. They told me directly after the game it got worse during the game, so that means it was not 'bam'. He felt a little bit and didn't show immediately," Klopp said.
"We hoped it would go by, [but] it didn't. There was this really intense sprint with the ball which ended on the 18-yard line with a collision.

"I hope it is not that serious but we have in the next 10 days three more games, so I don't know if he will be part of them or one of them. We will see, we have to make a scan."

With Gravenberch, Thiago, Bajcetic, and Mac Allister on the road to recovery, Liverpool finds themselves relying on Dominik Szoboszlai, Wataru Endo, Curtis Jones, and Harvey Elliott as their senior midfield options during the demanding winter schedule.

Szoboszlai had a subpar performance on Sunday, leading to his substitution alongside Gravenberch just after the hour mark. The Hungarian struggled, losing possession 15 times and failing to deliver a single accurate cross out of five attempts.

The exits of Szoboszlai and Gravenberch prompted a tactical shift from Klopp. Joe Gomez was brought on to assume a right-back role, while Trent Alexander-Arnold moved to a deep-lying midfield position.

Users who are viewing this thread

Who read this thread (Total readers: 0)
    Back