Erik ten Hag: 'We learn from every defeat' (2 Viewers)

Callercoded

Local time
Today 3:00 PM
Credits
TELEMMGLPICT000359146848_17027397645440_trans_NvBQzQNjv4BqcE9ZHVDxTUn2kmSSXZdAEK_pQoghqR9rLPYQOeaI4ms.jpeg
Manchester United coach, Erik TenHag has emphasized that his team is gaining valuable insights from the defeats they've experienced this season. Despite being the 20-time English champions, they have faced setbacks, with 12 losses already in the 2023-24 campaign, seven of which occurred in the Premier League.

In the Champions League group stage, Man United suffered four defeats out of six fixtures, and they were also eliminated from the EFL Cup by Newcastle United. Heading into Sunday's match against Liverpool, the Red Devils are coming off consecutive losses to Bournemouth and Bayern Munich. However, Ten Hag remains optimistic, asserting that the team is actively learning from these challenging outcomes.
"I think we did (learn from the defeats). And as I see, so from last week, the game, I think we are very disciplined in the way we defended Bayern Munich. Sometimes very high, sometimes very low," he told reporters during his press conference ahead of the Liverpool clash.

"But we are really there as a team. And now we have to make the next step. So from those moments where we control the game, in and out of possession, we have to take benefit.

"When we regain the ball, so on the counters, on the high turnovers and then we have to transfer that to opportunities and chances, and of course, at least in the end, in goals.

"I see the quality on the training pitch, yeah, but the only moment you have to prove it is in the games, isn't it? And this team did prove this in certain games that they are under high pressure, and they played very good football.

"But also, we have our lows and so high highs, low lows. So, we have to, as a team, we have to get more consistent.

Users who are viewing this thread

Who read this thread (Total readers: 0)
    Back