Erik ten Hag believes Antony can be "unstoppable" (1 Viewer)

• Thread starter Robertbal
  • Start date
  • Replies 0
  • Views 438
R

Robertbal

01ggev8d26a548k7m9n0.jpg
Manchester United's head coach, Erik ten Hag, has reiterated his belief in Antony's potential, emphasizing that the forward has the capability to be "unstoppable". Despite Antony's struggles to make a significant impact this season, managing just one goal and one assist in 26 appearances across all competitions, Ten Hag stands firmly behind him.

Since joining Manchester United from Ajax in the summer of 2022, the 24-year-old Brazilian has amassed nine goals and four assists in 70 appearances for the club. Ten Hag acknowledges that off-the-field issues may have affected Antony's performance but remains optimistic that he will showcase his best form at Old Trafford.
"Not anymore (off-the-field issues impacting him). But definitely it has had. And so now he left this behind. But for a moment in the season it had absolutely an impact on him," Ten Hag told reporters.

"And you could see it in his performance, in his attitude. But now he's back. Of course it affected him and the process is still going. Now he has to turn the point and to bring his big potential again.

"And therefore you have to fight and you have to give every day the maximum. And I see in the training he's doing that. So yes, he will turn the corner.

"It started with that outside case and then he didn't play like he should be. So pre-season, I think he played very well. He scored two goals in pre-season. But after the first games, when that issue was in Brazil, he came back.

"He wasn't anymore the person like he was before. And that did something with his belief. And one of the big skills from Antony is that he's very brave. So he has to find that and that's up to him. We will support him, absolutely.

"All staff, me as a manager, I support him and I have 100% belief in him. I know what he is capable of. And I have seen his moments. I have seen that for Ajax. In 82 games, he scored 24 goals and had 22 assists.

"And he was performing in the Champions League. He was unstoppable. Also we have seen here, in his first three Premier League games, he scored three goals, so he is capable of it."

Users who are viewing this thread

Who read this thread (Total readers: 0)
    Back