Antoine Griezmann 'rejects Manchester United move' (1 Viewer)

jw-OFF-PLATFORM-griezmann.jpg
Antoine Griezmann seems set on staying with Atletico Madrid, despite reports of interest from Manchester United. The 32-year-old has been in impressive form for Diego Simeone's team, scoring 12 goals and providing one assist in 16 appearances during the 2023-24 season.

Even after participating in international matches for France against Gibraltar and Greece during the recent break, Griezmann is focused on Atletico's upcoming La Liga clash with Mallorca. While there's talk of a £22m release clause in his contract, Manchester United is reportedly eager to sign him next summer, offering a tempting £350,000 per week.

Recent discussions between United representatives and Madrid were rumored, but according to transfer expert Fabrizio Romano, there's "nothing" substantial in these recent speculations. Romano points out that Griezmann turned down a lucrative move to Saudi Arabia in June, emphasizing his commitment to continuing his career with Atletico.

Although Griezmann's contract with Wanda Metropolitano extends until June 2026, he has expressed a desire to eventually move to North America before concluding his playing career.

"Saudi Arabia? I understand those who have to go there; we're talking about incredible sums of money," Griezmann told reporters during the September international break. "Could I go? I have a family, three children. It's not an easy decision to make. The MLS is still my priority."

Griezmann has been a key player for Atletico, making 357 appearances in all competitions, scoring 169 goals, and providing 77 assists. His professional journey began at Real Sociedad before he joined Atletico, where he spent five successful years. He later moved to Barcelona, but his time at Camp Nou didn't showcase his best form. Griezmann returned to Atletico on loan in 2021 before making the move permanent last year.

As for Manchester United, they are expected to pursue a new center-forward in the upcoming January transfer window to address their scoring challenges in the 2023-24 season.

Rasmus Hojlund currently leads the club's scoring charts with five goals this season. However, the 20-year-old, who is uncertain for Sunday's match against Everton due to a muscular strain, is yet to find the back of the net in the Premier League.

Users who are viewing this thread

Who read this thread (Total readers: 0)
    Back