Griezmann Rules Out Atletico Madrid Exit (1 Viewer)

Wonderboy

Staff member
Local time
Today 6:05 PM
Credits
Nigeria
fbl-esp-liga-atletico-madrid-valencia.jpg
Atletico Madrid attacker, Antoine Griezmann has firmly denied any possibility of leaving the club this summer despite rumors linking him with a move to the Premier League. Griezmann showcased his exceptional skills in La Liga last season, scoring 15 goals and providing 17 assists in 38 competitive appearances.

While the Frenchman is highly valued as a key player under Diego Simeone, speculation has arisen concerning his future at Atletico. Reports have surfaced suggesting that Griezmann possesses a surprisingly low release clause of €25m (£21.4m), which has attracted interest from several Premier League clubs.

There has also been interest from teams in the Saudi Pro League, and the MLS has been mentioned as a potential destination, especially considering Griezmann's previous desire to conclude his career in the United States. With Griezmann earning £345,000 per week, there were suggestions that Atletico could be enticed to sell the French international.

Atletico's compliance with La Liga's strict salary limit presents a challenge, and offloading Griezmann could potentially improve their financial situation. However, the 32-year-old has made it clear that he has no intentions of departing from the Spanish club during the summer transfer window.

"I am very happy at Atletico," Griezmann told Telefoot. "My main objective is to win La Liga with them because I've never won it, and I've been here 12 years.

"Why not do big things in the Champions League as well? I feel good here, and so do my family. There won't be a change."

In 2019, the attacker departed the club to join Barcelona, but in the summer of 2021, he made a return to Atletico on an initial one-year loan agreement, with an option to extend for an additional season.

Throughout the early stages of the 2022-23 season, Griezmann's playing time was limited as Atletico aimed to avoid triggering a £35m purchase option.

Eventually, the two clubs reached a resolution, agreeing on a £17m fee, which enabled Griezmann to enjoy regular game time.

Across his two stints at Atletico, he has impressively scored 157 goals and contributed 76 assists in 341 appearances across all competitions.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Who read this thread (Total readers: 0)
    Back