The Undertaker Reveals Real Reason Why Dream Match with Sting never happened (1 Viewer)

Babayega

Legend
Local time
Today 12:17 AM
Credits
Ghana
main-qimg-5dadfd1a0b3c5a3459e68cf9fd32d890-lq
In an interview on the Six Feet Under podcast, The Undertaker delved into why a much-anticipated showdown with Sting never happened in WWE, pointing to Vince McMahon's hesitance as a major reason.

"It just didn’t work out. He had a short run in WWE and Vince didn’t want it. For whatever reason, I don’t know what it was. He didn’t feel it," he explained. Despite the fan excitement and the concept art that surfaced early on,
The Undertaker believed that the timing and circumstances could not align to meet the lofty expectations.
"The match would have been good, but I don’t think it would have lived up to the expectations that people have for it," he remarked, acknowledging that both wrestlers were past their prime when the opportunity arose.
Moreover, The Undertaker expressed gratitude for WWE acknowledging Sting's last match at AEW Revolution, highlighting the importance of Sting's career transcending company rivalries.
"I mean, yeah, we’re in competition with a different company. I get it, but Sting’s legacy is so much bigger than AEW or any of that. I mean, he deserved that. I’m happy that as a company they acknowledged it because it’s only right," he stated, highlighting the importance of honoring Sting's contributions to wrestling history.

Users who are viewing this thread

Who read this thread (Total readers: 0)
    Back