Terence Crawford Has Sights Set On Mega Fight With Canelo Alvarez: “It Will Happen” (1 Viewer)

Terence-Crawford-Canelo-Alvarez.jpg
Terence Crawford has gained widespread acclaim in 2023 after securing an undisputed welterweight victory. His impressive stoppage of rival Errol Spence Jr catapulted the Omaha native to the pinnacle of pound-for-pound rankings in the boxing world.

Undeterred by his success, Crawford has set his sights on an even greater challenge by calling out the undisputed champion, Saul 'Canelo' Álvarez, who competes three weight divisions above him.

While the prospect of such a significant weight jump has sparked discussions, Canelo, though not completely dismissing the idea, has indicated that he has other plans and may not receive due credit for defeating a smaller opponent.

In a recent media interaction, Crawford was questioned about whether the potential bout with the seemingly disinterested Mexican champion was still on his mind.

“Not at all. I think business talks. When the right business comes across the table it’ll happen.”

‘Bud’ then said he initially floated the idea as ‘just talk’, but now truly believes he can get the win.
“I just be talking, you know what I mean? Canelo’s a big dude. But at the same time I still believe in my abilities. He’s a heavy dude but he’s not a big guy. He’s 5′ 8″, I’m 5′ 8″. My arms longer than his. That fight would be good.”

When asked how he would avoid the power punches, he said it was more about a belief in being able to handle them.
“You’re gonna get hit in a fight, that’s one thing we all know, and I believe in myself and my abilities that I can handle anything a fighter throws at me. I gotta be able to believe in myself if I’m gonna get in the ring … I wouldn’t even entertain a fight if it would be where I couldn’t hold up … like Deontay Wilder or something like that.”

Users who are viewing this thread

Who read this thread (Total readers: 0)
    Back