Romelu Lukaku claims his Chelsea exit will 'shock' everyone (1 Viewer)

0_GettyImages-1674579673.jpg
Romelu Lukaku has recently expressed his surprise over his departure from Chelsea this summer, revealing that "everyone would be shocked" by the circumstances. The experienced striker left Chelsea and made a temporary move to Roma.

Initially, it was widely anticipated that the 30-year-old would make a permanent return to Inter Milan from Chelsea. However, Inter reportedly lost interest when they discovered that Lukaku was also in talks with Juventus. Subsequently, Lukaku was strongly linked with a potential transfer to Saudi Arabia before eventually sealing a loan move to Roma just before the transfer window closed.

Lukaku, representing Belgium, has been in excellent form for Jose Mourinho's squad this season, netting seven goals in eight appearances across all competitions.

While Lukaku is expected to return to Chelsea next summer, it appears highly improbable that he will don the Blues' jersey again. His relationship with the club seems to have deteriorated significantly. Lukaku has hinted that he will share more details about his Chelsea departure in due course, suggesting that the circumstances surrounding it would be quite surprising to everyone.

"Most of the people in the room know me. You know that I don't like to beat around the bush. I will speak in time, but if I really said how it all went last summer, everyone would be shocked," Lukaku told Sporza.

"What was the biggest nonsense I read? That I was supposedly told I was going to a certain club, but that didn't make any sense. There were moments when I could explode.

"Five years ago, I might have done that too, but now I didn't waste any energy on it. It was a moment to be silent and focus on myself. I concentrated on what I do well: play football."

Lukaku also discussed the possibility of moving to Saudi Arabia and expressed his appreciation for their interest in him. However, he made it clear that he wasn't prepared to bid farewell to European football at that time.

"I was honoured by their interest, but after the conversations we had, I was not completely convinced. The League will become one of the biggest in the world, but I didn't want to leave Europe yet," he added.

"I knew full well what was going to happen this summer and there were a few clubs I certainly would not go to. Ultimately, you have to consider what happened in recent years on a football and personal level, which is why I made my choice."

It's very disappointing to see Lukaku not adorning the Chelsea FC shirt with pride. I was hopeful he would naturally take the role Didier Drogba played in Chelsea's football history and exceed it. Anyways, I can only wish him good luck wherever he is.

It's very disappointing to see Lukaku not adorning the Chelsea FC shirt with pride. I was hopeful he would naturally take the role Didier Drogba played in Chelsea's football history and exceed it. Anyways, I can only wish him good luck wherever he is.
Exactly, he talks too much for a professional footballer

Users who are viewing this thread

Who read this thread (Total readers: 0)
    Back