Trent Alexander Arnold Claims Tottenham Clash Will Make Or Break Liverpool's Season (1 Viewer)

Bobby

Legend
Local time
Today 2:48 PM
Credits
images
Liverpool right-back Trent Alexander-Arnold has claimed that next weekend's showdown with Tottenham Hotspur could end up making or breaking the Reds' season.

Jurgen Klopp's injury-hit side saw their difficult season hit a new low in a 2-1 loss to Leeds United on Saturday, ending their 29-game unbeaten Premier League run at Anfield.

Liverpool have only accrued 16 points from their first 12 games of the Premier League season to languish in ninth in the table - 15 points adrift of current leaders Arsenal.

Fourth-placed Newcastle United also sit eight points clear of the Reds, albeit having played a game more, and Liverpool face a pivotal showdown away to Tottenham next Sunday.

Should results not go Liverpool's way next weekend, they could find themselves 18 points off top spot and 11 adrift of the top-four places ahead of the World Cup break, and Klopp has admitted that he is concerned about his side's Champions League chances.
Alexander-Arnold therefore believes that the meeting with Antonio Conte's side could be a season-defining game for Liverpool, telling the club's official website: "I'd say we all believe in ourselves, we believe in the way we play, the squad and what we can achieve.

"But I think when you do get setbacks, it can potentially make you second-guess yourself and question things. Clearly as a team something's not going right, it's not going as well as we want it to go.

"That's something for everyone to think about, for everyone to address and make sure we put it right, especially next week against Spurs, top-four rivals. We kind of need to go there and get some points if we've got any chance of reaching our aims and aspirations for the season."

My Verdict 👇👇
Liverpool have been extremely poor this season, and I expect that to continue when they face Tottenham 🤗

Users who are viewing this thread

Who read this thread (Total readers: 0)
    Back