Miami Heat to build a Dwyane Wade statue outside Kaseya Center (1 Viewer)

CuteJean

Legend
Local time
Today 12:22 PM
Credits
Germany
Dwyane-Wade-Miami-Heat-NBA.jpg
Dwyane Wade stands out as arguably the most celebrated player in the history of the Miami Heat franchise, and he's set to receive special recognition for his contributions.

In a halftime ceremony during the game between the Heat and the Charlotte Hornets, Wade was celebrated for his induction into the James Naismith Memorial Basketball Hall of Fame.

In the course of the ceremony, Pat Riley, the president of the Heat's, made an announcement. He revealed plans to erect an 8-foot (2.4-meter) statue outside the Kaseya Center, commemorating Wade and his profound impact on the organization.

The unveiling of the statue is scheduled for the upcoming season, adding a permanent tribute to Dwyane Wade's legacy with the Miami Heat.

"I'm not really a person who gets lost for words. I've got too many words. I didn't dream of this, though. I'm just so grateful, I'm very grateful.

Thank the Errison family, thank the Riley family, thank the city and the state of Florida and Miami just for all the love, and I can't wait for families to be able to experience what that's going to be like from all around the world, to come and have a moment of the culture that will be upfront. I can't wait until that day, I'm excited," Wade said.

Wade holds the top spot in Miami Heat history for career points, assists, and steals. He played a pivotal role in securing the franchise's inaugural championship in 2006 and added two more titles in collaboration with LeBron James and Chris Bosh in a memorable partnership.

Users who are viewing this thread

Who read this thread (Total readers: 0)
    Back