Joe Joyce Calls Out Deontay Wilder (1 Viewer)

Lady In Red

Local time
Today 10:10 AM
Credits
United-States
OQ-TALKSPORT-JOYCE-WILDER-AJ.jpg
Joe Joyce has thrown down the gauntlet to Deontay Wilder in hopes of reviving his chances for a shot at the world title. However, there's a surprising twist in the story, as the potential fight might not unfold as expected.

In 2023, Joyce faced Zhilei Zhang twice and suffered defeats, which not only dented his impressive resilience but also shook his confidence. Similarly, Wilder experienced a winless year, missing out on a significant opportunity after losing to Joseph Parker and failing to secure a match against Anthony Joshua.

In an interview with OLBG, Joyce mentioned "The Bronze Bomber" as a potential opponent later in the year.

“I like the Deontay Wilder fight considering the story, with me beating Parker and Parker beating him, it’s got a good story.

“All the top names have been discussed as fighting likely for me, I’m a big name and people know about me. My team has talked about Wilder and different fighters too. Wilder’s on the shortlist.”

Wilder has previously hinted at the possibility of transitioning into MMA. However, Joyce expressed his willingness to confront the former WBC world champion, whether it's inside the cage or in the boxing ring.
“I’m from a martial arts background, over the years I’ve done karate, kickboxing, kung fu capoeira, the only thing is the grappling side and I’m not too fond of that. I could do the striking and kicking, like in K-1.

“You’d have to train in three different disciplines to fight in MMA, but I’d consider it for the right money. If Deontay Wilder’s game, I’m game. He’d have to watch my kicks, watch out The Juggernaut’s about.”

Users who are viewing this thread

Who read this thread (Total readers: 0)
    Back