Harry Maguire's Mom defends her son (1 Viewer)

images
Harry Maguire's mother Zoe has issued a statement in response to the negativity which has followed the England and Man Utd centre-back around.

Centre-back Maguire has been struggling for game time at club level but featured in both England matches in the recent international break. In the 3-1 win in Scotland, though, he was subject to abuse from certain individuals, both before and after scoring an unfortunate own goal.

30-year-old's defence during the week, hitting out at the behaviour of some of Maguire's critics. Three Lions goalkeeper Aaron Ramsdale also launched an impassioned defence, and now Maguire's mother has added her voice to theirs.

“As a mum seeing the level of negative and abusive comments in which my son is receiving from some fans, pundits and the media is disgraceful and totally unacceptable to any walk of life never mind someone who works his socks off for club and country," the statement - posted on Instagram - begins. "I was there in the stand as usual, it's not acceptable what's been created, over nothing.”

" I understand that in the football world there are ups and downs, positives and negatives but what Harry receives has gone far beyond 'football'. For me seeing him go through what he's going through is not ok.”

“ I would hate to have to see any other parents or players go through this in the future, especially the young boys and girls breaking through the ranks today. Harry has a massive heart and it's a good job he's mentally strong and can handle it as others might not be able too, I wish this sort of abuse on nobody!"

Users who are viewing this thread

Who read this thread (Total readers: 0)
    Back