Gaethje Rejects McGregor’s Callout: ‘I’m Not Fighting Someone on Steroids’ (1 Viewer)

justin-gaethje-conor-mcgregor.jpg
Justin Gaethje was far from impressed by the attention he received from Conor McGregor during Saturday night's event in Salt Lake City.

Gaethje's recent performance against Dustin Poirier at UFC 291 was nothing short of remarkable, resulting in a second-round knockout victory and earning him the symbolic "BMF" title. This win also avenged his previous loss to Poirier in 2018, marking his second consecutive triumph.

After the fight, McGregor called out Gaethje in a now-deleted tweet, promising to dominate him. However, Gaethje revealed that McGregor's call-out didn't interest him anymore, as he had tried to make the fight happen on previous occasions without success. He went on to imply that McGregor's decision not to fight him might be related to issues with drug testing, suggesting that McGregor might not be in the USADA pool.

“I think he’s turned me down six times. And usually you have to lose to fight him, so don’t know what’s going on. I don’t know, I don’t really care. Whatever. I fight MMA, I like to fight big fights, I like exciting things, so it sounds pretty exciting to me. I’m not going to fight someone on steroids. I’ve never taken steroids in my life, never will.

Well, maybe when I retire, I might... but I’ve never taken steroids, and I don’t want to fight someone that’s cheating. And I probably shouldn’t even say that if I want the fight, but it’s the truth.”

At present, Conor McGregor is set to face Michael Chandler in a highly anticipated clash following their coaching roles on "The Ultimate Fighter" Season 31. Although the promotion hinted that the fight might take place this year, potentially in December, McGregor is yet to re-enter the USADA pool due to a leg injury he sustained in his third encounter with Poirier.

Users who are viewing this thread

Who read this thread (Total readers: 0)
    Back