Conor McGregor ‘Still very hopeful for June 29,’ Also Wants Diaz Trilogy at The Sphere (1 Viewer)

tarung89

Local time
Today 11:22 AM
Credits
Dana-White-and-Conor-McGregor-5.jpg
While it seems likely that Conor McGregor won't be back in action until the fall at the earliest, he's still eyeing a spot on the UFC 303 card during International Fight Week.
In a recent Instagram Stories Q&A session, the former UFC two-division champion discussed his future fighting plans among other topics. McGregor reaffirmed his desire to compete at UFC 303, despite earlier announcing a bout against Michael Chandler at 185 pounds on June 29.

However, UFC CEO Dana White contradicted this announcement, indicating that McGregor's return is more likely to happen in the fall.

“Still holding hope for June 29,” McGregor wrote. “Lack of action on it, however, is now causing lack of enthusiasm. I need a decision soon. I am the most tested athlete under this new regime. Yet no date to fight.

“The game is a bit lackluster also at present, which isn’t helping. I hope these next few cards pop and I get a date. Eliminate distractions and begin real work towards it.”

McGregor was questioned about the possibility of a third showdown with his rival Nate Diaz. In response, McGregor disclosed that he has requested to square off against the Stockton, California native at the Noche UFC event on September 14 at The Sphere in Las Vegas.
“I wish for this on Mexican Independence Day in The Sphere,” McGregor wrote. “Chandler [in] June, Diaz [in] September. I have let this be known.”

Users who are viewing this thread

Who read this thread (Total readers: 0)
    Back