Xavi Hernandez: 'I wanted to sign Alvaro Morata for Barcelona' (1 Viewer)

IMG_ORG_1640853190214.png
Barcelona's head coach, Xavi, recently shared that he was interested in bringing Atletico Madrid striker Alvaro Morata to Camp Nou. For the past one-and-a-half seasons, Robert Lewandowski has been leading the Blaugrana line, securing the La Liga scoring title with 23 goals and contributing to their top-flight championship last season.

While Lewandowski has notched up a respectable seven goals in the current campaign, Barcelona is facing a scoring challenge, ranking as the lowest scorers in the top five of La Liga with 27 goals from 14 matches. They are trailing Real Madrid and Girona by a seven-point gap.

Despite reinforcing their attack with the loan signing of Joao Felix from Atletico Madrid and having alternative options like Raphinha, Ferran Torres, and 16-year-old Lamine Yamal, Lewandowski remains the only recognized senior center-forward in the squad.

Xavi confirmed that discussions were held with Morata, praising the player's individual qualities and his "world-class" partnership with Antoine Griezmann. However, Xavi acknowledged that a transfer during the summer was not a feasible option.
"It's true that I wanted to sign him. There was that possibility. I was talking to him and I wanted him in the team, but it couldn't happen," Goal quotes Xavi as saying.

"He's a forward that I really like. Morata is a great forward. He is a generous footballer, who works a lot for the team, he works a lot.

"He goes very well into spaces and helps his teams a lot. I really like him a lot. With him and with [Antoine] Griezmann, Atletico has a world-class forward line."

Will Morata be a good signing for Barcelona? Let's hear your thoughts :) 👇

IMG_ORG_1640853190214.png
Barcelona's head coach, Xavi, recently shared that he was interested in bringing Atletico Madrid striker Alvaro Morata to Camp Nou. For the past one-and-a-half seasons, Robert Lewandowski has been leading the Blaugrana line, securing the La Liga scoring title with 23 goals and contributing to their top-flight championship last season.

While Lewandowski has notched up a respectable seven goals in the current campaign, Barcelona is facing a scoring challenge, ranking as the lowest scorers in the top five of La Liga with 27 goals from 14 matches. They are trailing Real Madrid and Girona by a seven-point gap.

Despite reinforcing their attack with the loan signing of Joao Felix from Atletico Madrid and having alternative options like Raphinha, Ferran Torres, and 16-year-old Lamine Yamal, Lewandowski remains the only recognized senior center-forward in the squad.

Xavi confirmed that discussions were held with Morata, praising the player's individual qualities and his "world-class" partnership with Antoine Griezmann. However, Xavi acknowledged that a transfer during the summer was not a feasible option.

Will Morata be a good signing for Barcelona? Let's hear your thoughts :) 👇
Seems like Xavi wants to make Barcelona an extension of Spain's national team🤗

Users who are viewing this thread

Who read this thread (Total readers: 0)
    Back