Perr Schuurs confirms Liverpool interest (1 Viewer)

MartinGee

Incredible Mister 💪
Staff member
Local time
Today 11:11 PM
Credits
United-States
0_GettyImages-1252511297.jpg
Torino defender, Perr Schuurs has confirmed that his representatives have received "offers" amid speculation linking him to a potential move to Liverpool. The 23-year-old initially caught the attention of Liverpool during his time at Ajax, where he impressed against Jurgen Klopp's side in the 2020-21 Champions League.

However, Liverpool opted to sign Ibrahima Konate from RB Leipzig instead, prompting Schuurs to join Torino in Serie A last summer. The Italian club secured his services for a fee of just £8.1 million. Schuurs has since continued his positive development in Serie A, contributing one goal and two assists in 33 appearances during his debut season.

Although Schuurs is under contract with Torino for another three years, rumors linking him to Liverpool have resurfaced as Klopp looks to reinforce his defensive line. Schuurs is said to have traveled to England to support his sister, a professional tennis player participating in Wimbledon, while also engaging in discussions with interested parties.

Apart from Liverpool, Crystal Palace and West Ham United have also shown interest in securing a deal for Schuurs, with reports suggesting that Crystal Palace has already made a lucrative offer. While not disclosing specific details, Schuurs recently confirmed that he has received "offers," and his agents, along with Torino, are currently "evaluating" the proposals put forth by these unnamed teams.

"I don't know if I'm staying. I don't know if I'll leave for Pinzolo on Monday, my agents and the club are evaluating the offers that have arrived," the Liverpool Echo quotes Schuurs as saying.

In addition to his existing contract with Torino, the agreement with the Dutchman includes an option to extend until 2027. It is rumored that Torino would entertain offers in the region of £34 million during this summer transfer window. However, as of now, no team has reportedly met Torino's valuation for the player.

Users who are viewing this thread

Who read this thread (Total readers: 0)
    Back