Manchester United 'preparing £30m summer deal for Sporting Lisbon's Marcus Edwards' (1 Viewer)

Nathsam

Local time
Today 10:46 AM
Credits
PM-TALKSPORT-Marcus-Edwards-Spurs-and-Sporting.jpg
There are rumors circulating that Manchester United is contemplating a summer transfer for Marcus Edwards, the Sporting Lisbon attacker. Having started his football journey in Tottenham Hotspur's youth system at the age of eight, Edwards made his first-team debut for the club in September 2016.

After loan stints at Norwich City and Excelsior in the early stages of his professional career, Edwards permanently left Tottenham in 2019 to join Vitoria de Guimaraes in Portugal. His time at Vitoria was highly successful, with 20 goals and 14 assists in 96 appearances, prompting Sporting to sign him during the winter transfer window in 2022.

Since then, Edwards has been a key player for Sporting, making 92 appearances, scoring 21 goals, and providing 22 assists. In the current season, he has contributed six goals and five assists in 26 outings across all competitions.

Towards the end of 2022, Edwards expressed his desire to return to English football, stating that he "would love" to do so at some point in the future. The prospect of a move to Manchester United adds an interesting twist to his potential return to English football.

"Definitely (recommend making the move to Portugal). Everyone has a different journey. For me it worked out, going over there and it clicked straight away. It has been good for me, but I would love to play in England [again] and be near my family," he told the London Evening Standard at the time.

Users who are viewing this thread

Who read this thread (Total readers: 0)
    Back