Khris Middleton reacts to Giannis Antetokounmpo comments (1 Viewer)

usa_today_11886795.0.jpg
Giannis Antetokounmpo has made headlines in the NBA news lately by restating his desire to win an NBA championship, even if it means leaving the Milwaukee Bucks. During a recent episode of the 48 Minutes podcast, the superstar athlete mentioned that when he doesn't believe the Bucks are committed to winning the title anymore, he will consider seeking the championship trophy with another team.

His comments created a buzz in the NBA community. A few days later, Giannis' teammate, Khris Middleton, offered his thoughts on what the Greek player had said.

"I think it's kind of business as usual either way. It doesn't affect me personally. I don't think it affects us as a team. I think this is something he said almost every year he's come up in contract extension talks," he said in an interview with Tim Bontemps from ESPN.

"I think it's just something that he just wants to keep putting pressure on everybody. And that's himself also. He's not just pointing a finger at everybody else saying, 'You guys have to do this for me.' I think he's putting that pressure on himself to be better, to come in and be great every year," Middleton explained. "So there's no pressure on, there's no added pressure when he says that to us as a team, or me as a person, that I have to be better."

Middleton has been a part of the Bucks for the past decade. During this summer, he inked a fresh three-year contract worth $93 million to remain with the team. Despite struggling with injuries in recent seasons, the experienced forward believes he's fully prepared to contribute.

"The last year and a half, two years, they've been kind of strange dealing with different types of injuries that weren't nagging injuries. There are real things that needed surgery and needed time to heal and whatnot. So this summer's just been kind of about getting myself back together into being back to my old, natural self, as healthy as I can be, which I think I'm headed in that direction," Middleton concluded.

Users who are viewing this thread

Who read this thread (Total readers: 0)
    Back