Dwayne Wade reacts to Paul Pierce's claims of being the better player (1 Viewer)

fl-sp-miami-heat-dwyane-wade-s20190424.jpg
A few weeks back, Paul Pierce made a statement asserting his superiority as a player over Dwayne Wade. The ex-Miami Heat sensation has now opted to address Pierce's remarks. Appearing on the It Is What It Is talkshow, Pierce asserted his belief once again, asserting that he outshone Wade as an NBA player.

"If you need a bucket down the stretch, who do you want - Dwyane Wade or me? You want to win the game down the stretch, who are you giving the ball to?" Pierce asked.

As the hosts predominantly favored Pierce over Wade, the esteemed ex-Boston Celtics player persisted in reinforcing his viewpoint.

"Put Shaq [O'Neal] on my team. Put LeBron [James] and [Chris] Bosh with me. I'm not gonna win one?" he said. "Put me, LeBron, and Bosh... we not gonna win a couple?"

"For a long time, my skills went unappreciated because I didn't get to play with a lot of great players. And then I got to play with KG and Ray [Allen] past their prime. Four years earlier, you put me, Ray, and KG together, you think we're not walking away with three 'ships?" Paul asked rhetorically.

Following a span of several weeks from Pierce's initial remarks, Wade made an appearance on the Dan Le Batard Show to deliver his response.

"Rent is expensive in America, and I'm living rent-free in that house. Let him keep, let him keep it going, I like living rent-free," he said.

When one of the hosts pointed out that Wade went on and recruited Ray Allen who was one of the guys he previously lost to, alongside LeBron James and Chris Bosh who were also fed up with having to be the leaders of otherwise lackluster teams.

"This is why I love the media, this part right here. It's documented, I don't need to say anything, everything is documented. I'll let you guys go ahead and talk about that stuff. It sounds better coming from y'all than me," Wade said. "I'm done playing the game of basketball, I'm not comparing myself to someone who's not playing the game or who's playing the game, that's not my challenge anymore."

Wade contested the notion that his collaboration with other exceptional players is diminishing the significance of his career.

"Everybody acts like we are the ones who did this. Maybe we're the ones - the players - that decided to come together, but organizations were trying to figure this out. It was our time, and we had our time. I got tired of that, LeBron got tired of that, I'm sure. That's why we decided to get together," he explained.

"When you're coming up the court, and you've got four-five-six dudes and the coach looking at you, calling all your moves and plays out, leaving the guys open, you don't want to do that as a great player," Wade continued. "I went and got my Avengers, and everybody's mad that I got to play with my guys just because I was able to play with Shaq, and then I was able to play with LeBron."

"I'm happy with my career. I don't know who's not happy with theirs, and I'm sorry if they're not, but I'm happy with the way mine went," he concluded.

Users who are viewing this thread

Who read this thread (Total readers: 0)
    Back