Jurgen Klopp wants a replay for Tottenham Hotspur game (1 Viewer)

skysports-jurgen-klopp-luis_6308776.jpg
Liverpool's head coach, Jurgen Klopp, believes that his team deserves a rematch of their Premier League match against Tottenham Hotspur. This request comes in the wake of an incorrect disqualification of Luis Diaz's goal.

Liverpool had traveled to London, aiming to extend their impressive 19-game unbeaten streak and seven-game winning run. However, their hopes were dashed in a rather cruel manner. Just moments before Son Heung-min scored the opening goal for Tottenham, Diaz had connected with a through ball from Mohamed Salah and found the net.

Unfortunately, the linesman raised the flag, signaling an offside, and VAR later confirmed this decision. Replays, however, clearly showed that Cristian Romero had kept Diaz onside. The Professional Game Match Officials Limited (PGMOL) admitted to a "significant human error" after Joel Matip's last-minute own goal handed Tottenham a 3-point victory.

The PGMOL later released audio footage of the officials' conversations, revealing that VAR Darren England initially believed the goal was valid, but play had already resumed from a Tottenham free kick after the offside flag went up. Liverpool had announced their intention to explore various options to address this situation before the audio was made public. There have been rumors of the possibility of an unprecedented rematch.

It remains uncertain whether Liverpool as a club is actively pushing for a replay, and Klopp doesn't necessarily expect it to happen. Nevertheless, he believes it would be the fair and just course of action.
"The audio didn't change it at all because I was not really interested in why things happen," Klopp told a press conference ahead of Thursday's Europa League clash with Union SG.

"I saw the outcome, I saw a goal, and I saw it didn't count. It's really important that we deal with it in a proper way. They [the match officials] didn't do it on purpose and we shouldn't forget that.
"Yes, it was a mistake. An obvious mistake. I think there would have been solutions. I think the outcome should be a replay. Probably won't happen. As far as I can remember, something like that never happened, that's why I think a replay should be played."

However, the Reds boss implored incensed fans not to go after the officials, adding:
"I'm not angry with any of them, not at all. We should not go for them. They made a mistake and I'm sure they felt horrible that night."
Is Jurgen Klopp well within his rights to demand for a replay or is he just trying ti be UNREASONABLE? Let's hear your thoughts below 👇 :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Who read this thread (Total readers: 0)
    Back