James Harden receives $100,000 FINE from the NBA (1 Viewer)

james-harden-fined-nba-over-daryl-morey-comments.jpg
The NBA issued an announcement today regarding Philadelphia 76ers guard James Harden, stating that he has been fined the maximum amount of $100,000 by the league. This penalty comes as a response to Harden's public statements on August 14 and 17, wherein he indicated his refusal to fulfill the obligations outlined in his player contract unless he was traded to a different team.

Following a thorough investigation by the league, including an interview with Harden, it was determined that these comments were directed at his perception that the 76ers were not willing to accommodate his trade request.

"Daryl Morey is a liar, and I will never be a part of an organization that he's a part of," Harden said during a visit to China. "Let me say that again. Daryl Morey is a liar, and I will never be a part of an organization that he's a part of."

As per Shams Charania's report, the perspective on the entire situation takes a slightly altered stance.

In conversations with NBA investigators, Harden's account reportedly diverged from the initial understanding. He clarified that he referred to Daryl Morey as a "liar" not due to a failure to present a more lucrative deal during the offseason, but rather because Morey had assured Harden of a prompt trade following his decision to exercise the option for the last year of his contract.

Harden's performance for the past season encompassed an average of 21.0 points, 10.7 assists, and 6.1 rebounds across 58 games.

Users who are viewing this thread

Who read this thread (Total readers: 0)
    Back