Sixers Star James Harden Reaches Out To MSU Student Paralyzed In Mass Shooting (1 Viewer)

Bobby

Legend
Local time
Today 1:44 AM
Credits
James Harden
As John Hao, a young Michigan State University student, continues his recovery at Sparrow Hospital in Lansing, Michigan, the devastating impact of the recent mass shooting that took three lives and injured five others on campus still resonates.

Amidst the difficult situation, a glimmer of hope emerged when it came to the attention of NBA star, James Harden. Harden discovered that Hao is an avid fan of his basketball talent, and it provided a moment of positivity during a difficult time.

“There’s things like that, where you sit back and think about just real life and things bigger than basketball,” Harden told reporters after the Sixers’ 110-105 home win over the Memphis Grizzlies on Thursday night. “I heard that he was a fan of mine, so I wanted to get up on that ASAP and just see what I could do, anything I could do.”

Harden's team made a thoughtful visit to Sparrow Hospital, bringing gifts for John Hao that included a pair of sneakers worn during one of Harden's games.

Additionally, the team arranged a unique opportunity for Hao to have a personal FaceTime call with his beloved idol, creating a special moment that undoubtedly lifted the young student's spirits.

“I love when you’re smiling,” Harden said to Hao on the call, which was highlighted on “NBA Today” on Thursday. “I’m with you. I know it’s tough right now, but you have to stay physically strong, you know what I mean? You just got to think positive things and keep pushing and fighting. I got you. I got some guys for you, too. I got some things coming your way, hopefully give you some encouragement and make you smile a little bit, you know what I mean?

“Let me know if you need anything else.”

Users who are viewing this thread

Who read this thread (Total readers: 0)
    Back