Cody Rhodes reveals why he left AEW (1 Viewer)

cody-rhodes-3.jpg
Cody Rhodes has recently shed light on his departure from AEW, offering the most definitive insight yet. As one of the key figures who played a crucial role in establishing AEW alongside The Young Bucks and Kenny Omega back in early 2019, his decision to part ways with the company in early 2022 took the wrestling world by surprise.

In a revealing segment from his documentary "Becoming Cody Rhodes," he addresses the speculation that surrounded his departure at the time. While he remains firm in not disclosing the exact reason for his decision, Cody explicitly clarifies that it was not driven by financial matters or any issues with fellow talents in AEW.
"This is my one request in this entire documentary. This one answer I don’t want edited in any capacity, don’t even edit this part. I can’t tell you why I left AEW, I can’t and I won’t but I’ll tell you the reasons that were said that didn’t actually matter.

"I didn’t leave AEW because of money and I didn’t leave AEW because of other talents. I left AEW because of a personal issue. That’s it.

"But the by-product of leaving AEW is the opportunity to go for the biggest dream I ever had and the first dream that I had in my life."

Users who are viewing this thread

Who read this thread (Total readers: 0)
    Back