WWE Champion Cody Rhodes Reveals The Story Behind His Father Dusty's Rolex Watch (1 Viewer)

Mixmany

Local time
Tomorrow 12:05 AM
Credits
resize
At WrestleMania 40, Cody Rhodes completed a significant chapter of his career. Following the event, WWE executives Nick Khan, Triple H, and Bruce Prichard presented him with a Rolex watch that once belonged to his father, Dusty Rhodes. Dusty had pawned the watch years ago to help fund Cody's education.

In a conversation on the "SI Media" podcast, Cody shared his memories of the watch from his childhood. He said,

"I always wanted it and assumed I'd get it. I'd go into my dad's room, find his jewelry dish, and try the watch on, but it was way too big for my wrist. After he passed away, I thought it would come to me, but then I figured it might go to my brother Dustin, who deserves it just as much.

But we got pocket knives and his cowboy gear instead. Later, I found out he pawned the watch to help me attend the Howard Fine acting studio in LA, and that's the cash he gave me when I left Marietta, Georgia, for Studio City."

The watch's return meant a lot to Cody, representing a "full-circle moment" and the fulfillment of a personal journey. He said,

"They tracked the watch down. There was some debate about whether it was the right one, but I'm convinced it is."

In the same interview, Cody revealed his bond with Seth Rollins and how he gave him a matching Rolex, inspired by Shawn Michaels and Ric Flair's gift exchange at WrestleMania XXIV.

"I remember Shawn and Ric gave each other custom Rolexes, so I decided to do something for Seth. We have a unique and competitive relationship, but we're also in this together. It was his first main event at WrestleMania, a spot many thought he deserved a long time ago. I wanted to share that moment with him, and I like giving gifts."

Cody also mentioned that he enjoys giving gifts to others backstage, like the makeup and travel teams, to show appreciation for their hard work. Although he jokingly hinted at gifting Rolexes to The Rock and Roman Reigns, fans later spotted Reigns wearing a Rolex similar to the one Cody gave to Seth Rollins at the WWE Hall of Fame event.

Users who are viewing this thread

Who read this thread (Total readers: 0)
    Back