Arteta Hits Back At Aubameyang Over Dressing Room Comments (1 Viewer)

Wonderboy

Staff member
Local time
Today 9:14 AM
Credits
Nigeria
mikel arteta vs aubameyang
Arsenal's head coach Mikel Arteta has claimed that he has "never been in a better dressing room" after Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang's recent comments on his ability to manage experienced players.
The relationship between the pair broke down towards the end of 2021, with Aubameyang being stripped of the Arsenal captaincy before being allowed to join Barcelona later on.

The 33-year-old is now back in the Premier League with Chelsea, and footage has emerged of him criticizing Arteta's ability to control a dressing room of senior figures in the wake of his exit.

"We knew the coach, Xavi, then he called me and said there is an opportunity because you have those problems with Arsenal, but if you come you will help us a lot, so I said okay," Aubameyang told A Jewellers.

"But to manage big characters or big players, he [Arteta] can't deal with it. He [Arteta] needs some young players, they don't say anything, they listen."

Although Aubameyang has since apologized for his comments, but Arteta was inevitably questioned on the topic ahead of Thursday's Europa League clash with Bodo/Glimt in Group A. The Gunners boss refused to give much of a reaction in his pre-match press conference, but the Spaniard hinted that the harmony at London Colney has improved since Aubameyang's departure.

When asked about the mood in the camp and Aubameyang's comments, Arteta said:

"People are free to discuss what they want. [The mood is] Phenomenal. I have never been in a better dressing room," "More enjoyable, more hard-working, better relationships with the staff to players and it's an absolute pleasure as a coach to be a part of this group."

Users who are viewing this thread

Who read this thread (Total readers: 0)
    Back