Usyk Calls Out Fury Over Undisputed Heavyweight Clash (1 Viewer)

Wonderboy

Staff member
Local time
Today 2:14 AM
Credits
Nigeria
images
Oleksandr Usyk has challenged Tyson Fury, claiming he wants to face him in an undisputed heavyweight world championship fight and dismissing his retirement talk as "just a game." Fury, the WBC heavyweight champion, had considered retiring but directed his promotional company last week to notify the WBC that he wanted to return to the ring.

Fury, who had set a September 1 deadline for a potential fight with Usyk, rushed to Twitter on Friday to say the WBO, WBA, and IBF champion was "running, hiding," mockingly labeling him a "middleweight."
However, Usyk appears to be sure that the bout will go place, telling Sky Sports via an interpreter: "He wishes to engage in combat with me. He wants people to talk about him.

"He hasn't retired yet; it's just a game of 'I'm leaving boxing,' 'I'm returning.' He still wishes to work." He undoubtedly thinks all of his outrageous remarks about me will affect me. But it won't happen." Tyson Fury enjoys talking. Everything else is blah blah blah."

"I interpret it as the crow debating with the wolf sitting in the tree... in actuality, if the crow was close to the wolf, she would remain mute.

Users who are viewing this thread

Who read this thread (Total readers: 0)
    Back