Top Contender Sends Strong Warning to Canelo Alvarez Ahead of Fight (1 Viewer)

Victor

Local time
Today 2:02 AM
Credits
maxresdefault.jpg
Canelo Alvarez is gearing up to defend his WBC, WBA, and WBO super-middleweight titles against Edgar Berlanga next month, but that hasn’t stopped the top contender for one of those belts from making a bold statement.

Canelo is set to face Berlanga on September 14th at the T-Mobile Arena in Las Vegas, with Berlanga earning his shot due to his number one ranking with the WBA. Meanwhile, Christian Mbilli, who holds the top spot in the WBC rankings, is returning to the ring tonight for what could be his toughest challenge yet—a showdown with former multiple-time world title challenger Sergiy Derevyanchenko at the Centre Videotron in Quebec City, Canada.

Ahead of the fight, Mbilli is hopeful that this will be his last bout before getting a shot at Canelo. He’s already confident, though, that he’s the best super-middleweight in the world.

“I hope this opportunity is the final step towards a world title. I think we will have a great fight, maybe the Fight of the Year. I’m very happy to be here in Quebec City. We have a lot of boxing fans here. And it’s going to be a great fight.

“I want to show that I’m the best. I want to show that I’m the real monster. We’re going to see who has the best conditioning. We’re going to see who has the best boxing. For me, it will be no surprise because I’m the best.

“I don’t know . But I know that if he gives me any opportunity to knock him out, I will knock him out.”

I was just reading an article about Canelo, he said that his loss to Mayweather still haunts him and it damaged his pride and effected him more than any other loss in his entire career since that was his first ever loss as a professional. No matter what Canelo Alvarez is definite Hall of Famer for sure.

I was just reading an article about Canelo, he said that his loss to Mayweather still haunts him and it damaged his pride and effected him more than any other loss in his entire career since that was his first ever loss as a professional. No matter what Canelo Alvarez is definite Hall of Famer for sure.
Indeed! He's one of the finest pugilist of his generation 🥊

Users who are viewing this thread

Who read this thread (Total readers: 0)
    Back