Sergio Busquets Keen To Move To Saudi Arabia (1 Viewer)

MartinGee

Incredible Mister 💪
Staff member
Local time
Today 5:09 PM
Credits
United-States
According to reports, Sergio Busquets is anticipated to join a Saudi Arabian club in the upcoming summer after he declared his departure from Barcelona. On Wednesday, the Catalan team announced that the celebrated 34-year-old will conclude his successful 15-year professional career at Camp Nou, once his contract expires at the end of this season.

"Although it has not been an easy decision, I think the time has come," Busquets said in a social media video. "It has been an unforgettable journey. I always dreamed of playing with this shirt and at this stadium. Reality has exceeded all my dreams.
"It has been an honour, a dream, a source of pride, and it meant everything to defend and represent this badge for so many years. But everything has a beginning and an end. I want to thank all the people who made this possible, from the first day to the last.

"I wouldn't have believed you if you told me when I arrived as a youth player that I would play 15 seasons for the best club in the world, the club of my life, of which I have been, am and always will be a fan, member, player, captain, and surpass 700 matches."

Although Barcelona's head coach Xavi and club president Joan Laporta have repeatedly expressed their wish to retain Busquets, the Spanish midfielder will be leaving Camp Nou to spend the remaining years of his career elsewhere.

According to journalist Fabrizio Romano, Busquets is currently in advanced discussions with a club from Saudi Arabia and is anticipated to move there. While there have been suggestions that the midfielder could end his playing career in MLS, with David Beckham's Inter Miami expressing interest in signing him, Romano claims that it's more probable that he'll join a team in Saudi Arabia instead of making a summer move to the United States.

A recent report by El Chiringuito indicates that Busquets is expected to accept a two-year contract offer from Al-Hilal, alongside his former Barcelona teammate Lionel Messi.

Users who are viewing this thread

Who read this thread (Total readers: 0)
    Back