Pablo Laso Set To Become New Bayern Munich Coach (1 Viewer)

Wonderboy

Staff member
Local time
Today 6:24 PM
Credits
Nigeria
pablo laso bayern munich
According to Jesus Sanchez from Marca, Pablo Laso is set to sign a three-year contract with FC Bayern Munich. The Vitoria-born coach has finally accepted the offer from the German club after they expressed their desire to take their basketball section in a new direction.

Laso took a sabbatical year after his controversial departure from Real Madrid, where the front office used a medical pretext to terminate his contract after 11 seasons and 22 titles. Despite experiencing heart problems, the Basque coach is in excellent shape and ready to return to work.

Madrid decided to stick with Mateo after Laso's recovery, and the coach has frequently faced questions about his health since leaving the Spanish capital. Despite this, Laso is eager to start a new chapter in his coaching career with Bayern Munich.

"I'm fine," Laso recently told Jesus Sanchez of Marca. "A cardiologist told me that I should have coached in the ACB League final last year and that I didn't have to change my life.

"I'm not having a bad time being at home. And I'm not disconnected from basketball either."
The goal for him now is to lead a new project aimed at restoring dominance in Germany and establishing the club as one of the top teams in the EuroLeague.

Over the past few months, several teams including the Israeli national team, Panathinaikos Athens, and Anadolu Efes have shown interest in Laso. The two-time EuroLeague-winning coach was also a potential candidate for the Spanish National Team if Sergio Scariolo stepped down, but this seems unlikely. The head coach of Virtus Bologna has a contract until 2024, and both Jorge Garbajosa and Elisa Aguilar, a possible successor to the presidency, hope to extend that agreement.

Meanwhile, the Bavarian club is looking to make a significant investment in its basketball program while also showcasing their new arena, the SAP Garden, which can hold up to 12,000 spectators. Bayern's board of directors is looking to revamp their sports management after the tenure of Andrea Trinchieri.

According to Marca, Laso is also attracted to the proximity of Munich to Madrid (as compared to Athens or Istanbul) and the potential for the German club's growth and development.

Users who are viewing this thread

Who read this thread (Total readers: 0)
    Back