Mason Mount Wants To Stay At Chelsea (1 Viewer)

Wonderboy

Staff member
Local time
Today 9:38 AM
Credits
Nigeria
mason mount wants to stay at chelsea

Despite rumors of a potential departure this summer, Mason Mount is reportedly optimistic about extending his contract with Chelsea. The 24-year-old midfielder's current contract expires at the end of next season, leaving his future at Stamford Bridge uncertain.

Chelsea has allegedly informed Mount that he is free to leave this summer, as contract talks have stalled and there is a risk of losing him for free in July 2024. As a result, several top European clubs, including Liverpool, Manchester United, Manchester City, Tottenham Hotspur, Newcastle United, and Arsenal, have expressed interest in signing him.
Bayern Munich and Juventus are also reportedly interested in the England international, and Liverpool is said to be leading the race for his signature.

However, despite interest from other clubs, Mount's priority has always been to remain at Chelsea, even though negotiations have not progressed to an advanced stage. Head coach Graham Potter has spoken to Mount about his contract situation on numerous occasions, but ultimately, the decision rests between the club and the player.

"Ultimately [the contract] is between the club and Mason.

"I have spoken to him numerous times about his situation, football and life generally. My feelings for Mason are clear. He is a fantastic person firstly but sometimes these things happen
"They are just complicated and it is best that I speak little about it, let them get on with it in deciding what is right for both parties.
"I am not naive. I know it is an important time for him and an important contract. These things have to be right for him and his family. It's important he makes a decision on that basis."
After successful loan spells with Vitesse and Derby County, Mason Mount made his breakthrough into Chelsea's first team in 2019 under former manager Frank Lampard, and has since become a crucial player at Stamford Bridge.

Across all competitions, Mount has amassed 192 appearances for the Blues, scoring 33 goals and providing 37 assists. He has also won three trophies, including the 2020-21 Champions League.

However, the 2022-23 season has been challenging for the 36-cap England international, with only three goals and two assists in 23 Premier League games as Chelsea languish in 10th place in the table.

Mount is not the only Chelsea midfielder facing an uncertain future, as Mateo Kovacic, Ruben Loftus-Cheek, and N'Golo Kante have also been linked with possible summer departures. Kante's contract is set to expire in June.

Users who are viewing this thread

Who read this thread (Total readers: 0)
    Back