Luka Modric Unhappy With Real Madrid Contract Renewal Talks (1 Viewer)

Wonderboy

Staff member
Local time
Today 8:20 AM
Credits
Nigeria
luka modric unhappy with contract situation
It is rumored that Luka Modric is dissatisfied with his current contract situation at Real Madrid, as the midfielder's agreement with the Spanish and European champions will expire at the end of June. Despite being a crucial player for Los Blancos this season, making 37 appearances in all competitions and contributing six goals and five assists, there is uncertainty surrounding the Croatian's future in the Spanish capital.

Goal reports that Real Madrid officials have yet to approach Modric regarding an extension, leaving the veteran midfielder feeling uneasy about his situation. Despite expressing his desire to sign a new deal during the international break, there have been no discussions about an extension, and Modric has reportedly been waiting for months to understand the club's plans.

"My wish is known, to stay at Real Madrid. I believe and hope it will happen. The rest are only assumptions and rumours. I repeat for the 100th time, I hope and believe I will stay at Real Madrid," he told reporters.
The midfielder denied allegations that Real Madrid wanted him to retire from international duty in order to secure a contract extension.
"Short and clear, no," he said when whether a new deal depended on him hanging up his boots for Croatia.

Modric still plays a vital role for his national team and is reportedly planning to participate in the 2024 European Championship, provided that Croatia qualifies for the tournament. During the 2022-23 campaign, the midfielder has scored four goals and provided three assists in 24 La Liga games and two goals and one assist in six Champions League appearances.

Since joining Real Madrid from Tottenham Hotspur in the summer of 2012, Modric has made 473 appearances in all competitions, contributing 37 goals and 76 assists.

Several MLS and Saudi Arabian clubs are closely monitoring his situation in the Spanish capital, as he will become a free agent in less than three months if his situation remains unchanged. Along with Modric, Karim Benzema, Marco Asensio, Toni Kroos, Dani Ceballos, Nacho, and Mariano Diaz also have contracts with Real Madrid that expire at the end of June.

Users who are viewing this thread

Who read this thread (Total readers: 0)
    Back