Frenkie De Jong Dismisses Man Utd Transfer Rumors (1 Viewer)

Welcome! You have been invited by pascaldigitals2000 to join our community. Please click here to register.

MartinGee

Incredible Mister 💪
Staff member
Local time
Today 9:23 AM
Credits
United-States
fred-de-jong-man-utd-barcelona.jpg
Despite ongoing rumors linking him with Manchester United, Frenkie de Jong has reaffirmed his desire to stay at Barcelona this summer. The 26-year-old midfielder, who was heavily pursued by the Red Devils under coach Erik ten Hag, appeared to be a primary target for the English club during the transfer window.

Barcelona's financial struggles had sparked speculation that De Jong could be available for a fee of around £70 million, a price that Manchester United seemed willing to pay to secure his services. However, the Dutch international consistently expressed his intention to remain at Camp Nou and showcased his talent under the guidance of manager Xavi during the 2022-23 season. With two goals and four assists in 43 appearances, De Jong proved his value to the team.

Barcelona is once again facing pressure to offload players this summer due to off-the-field issues, and Manchester United reportedly maintains interest in signing the former Ajax prodigy. However, De Jong has once again emphasized his commitment to Barcelona, stating his plan to stay at Camp Nou beyond the current transfer window despite the renewed speculation.

"That has been clear to me, also last summer when things were restless for a while," De Jong told Voetbal International when asked if he would be staying at Barcelona. "I always knew that I wanted to stay at Barcelona. That's why it wasn't so stressful for me last summer.

"Also, I had just signed a contract extension [in 2020] so I always felt that I was in control and able to decide for myself. That's why I didn't bother [worrying about it]. I feel good at Barcelona and assume that I will still be playing here next season."

In addition, De Jong addressed the task ahead for Barcelona in the aftermath of Sergio Busquets' departure from the club, as the veteran midfielder left on a free transfer.

"It will be different next season when Busquets is gone. He played for Barcelona for 15 years, you will notice that when such a great player leaves," added the Dutchman.

"I really enjoyed playing with him, especially when we were next to each other. We complemented each other really well and I learned a lot from him even though we are different types of players."

Users who are viewing this thread

Who read this thread (Total readers: 0)
    Back