Caglar Soyuncu Joins Atletico Madrid (1 Viewer)

MartinGee

Incredible Mister 💪
Staff member
Local time
Today 10:04 PM
Credits
United-States
66134277-0-image-a-108_1672702761789.jpg
Atletico Madrid has officially confirmed the acquisition of Caglar Soyuncu, who joins the team at the Wanda Metropolitano on a four-year contract. The defender's move to the Spanish club comes after the expiration of his contract with Leicester City.

Soyuncu, aged 27, initially joined Leicester from Freiburg in August 2018. During his time with the Foxes, he made 132 appearances across various competitions, contributing four goals and one assist.

Last season, however, Soyuncu only featured in nine matches at the club level. Consequently, he has now bid farewell to the King Power Stadium and embarked on a transfer to Atletico Madrid, the esteemed La Liga powerhouse.

"Caglar Soyuncu is now a new player for Atletico de Madrid following the agreement reached between our club and the Turkish footballer, who signs for four seasons," read a statement on Atletico's official website.

"Born on May 23, 1996, in Izmir (Turkey), he will join the squad at the beginning of the 2023/24 pre-season, which will start on Friday, July 7.

"The Turkish center-back successfully completed the necessary medical examination at Vithas and then headed to the club's offices at the Civitas Metropolitano, where he was received by our CEO, Miguel Angel Gil, to finalise his contract with our club."

A few days ago, Soyuncu took to social media to express his farewell sentiments, extending gratitude to the Leicester fans for their unwavering support throughout his tenure with the club.

"Dear Leicester fans, my family! Today, I am saying goodbye to the club that I consider as home and where I have felt immense pride while wearing the shirt week in, week out. Of course, saying goodbye is never easy. I arrived here as a kid, now I'm leaving as a man," he wrote.

"It was an honour to wear our blue kit and fight for you. We experienced it all together, from the amazing times to the more difficult periods.

"But even during those bad times I felt home. And that's completely thanks to you. Your chants, your support, your trust made me the player I am today.

"However, the time has come for a new adventure. You will always have a special place in my heart. Our bond will last forever. Thank you!"

Having represented Turkey in 53 international matches, Soyuncu will bring a wealth of European experience to Atletico Madrid. His time at Leicester City saw him participate in both the Europa League and Europa Conference League, further enhancing his familiarity with continental competitions.

Users who are viewing this thread

Who read this thread (Total readers: 0)
    Back