Bergwijn Doesn't Want to Play for Koeman Anymore After Recent Media Criticism (1 Viewer)

Nnamdi

Legend
Local time
Today 8:26 PM
Credits
JBCZHCSHHJPOFBI7KUQ5S5BTEQ.jpg

Steven Bergwijn has expressed he no longer wants to play for Netherlands coach Ronald Koeman after being criticized for his move to Saudi Arabia. Koeman stated that Bergwijn's £17.7m transfer from Ajax to Al-Ittihad suggests he's more interested in financial gain than in his football career and said the "book is basically closed" on him.

Bergwijn responded by saying he hasn't had any direct conversation with Koeman about the move. "I don't even want to play under Koeman anymore," he told De Telegraaf. "I won’t play for someone who talks about me in the media without reaching out first. If he was truly committed, he would have called me. Instead, I heard his comments on TV, which is disappointing given our past together."

Bergwijn, who made his international debut under Koeman in 2018, now has eight goals from 35 caps. He also criticized Koeman's handling of other players, like Brian Brobbey, suggesting Koeman's approach is damaging his credibility.

Users who are viewing this thread

Who read this thread (Total readers: 2)
Back