Barcelona interested in signing Alexander Isak from Newcastle United' (1 Viewer)

newcastle-stars-alexander-isak-bruno-guimaraes.jpg
According to reports, Barcelona has expressed a keen interest in Newcastle United's Swedish forward Alexander Isak, who once plied his trade in La Liga. The 23-year-old, who made the switch to Newcastle United from Real Sociedad in August 2022, had a productive 2022-23 season, featuring in 29 matches for the Magpies and contributing 11 goals and three assists.

Isak has continued his impressive form this season, notching two goals in four league appearances, bringing his total to 12 goals and three assists in 31 outings for Newcastle. Despite his remarkable performance, the Swedish international remains under contract with St James' Park until June 2028, and Newcastle possesses the financial means to retain his services.

Nonetheless, per reports from Fichajes, Barcelona is resolute in their pursuit of the striker and envisions him as a potential long-term successor to Robert Lewandowski. Xavi, the head coach of Barcelona, is reported to be an ardent admirer of Isak, who began his professional career at AIK before transferring to Borussia Dortmund in 2017.

During his time at Dortmund, Isak found the net just once in 13 first-team appearances, but he truly thrived at Real Sociedad, amassing an impressive record of 44 goals and eight assists in 132 matches across all competitions. In La Liga, he netted 33 times in 105 appearances and also notched 10 goals in 42 international appearances for Sweden.

Despite Robert Lewandowski's excellent form for Barcelona this season, with three goals and three assists in five La Liga matches, the 35-year-old striker is approaching the latter stages of his career. However, he is contracted to Camp Nou until June 2026, with the possibility of an additional 12 months. Although there were rumors linking him to a move to Saudi Arabia over the summer, the Poland international has unequivocally stated that he never seriously considered leaving Barcelona.

"I don't even think about it," Lewandowski told AS. "I'm super happy in Barcelona, in the team, in the city, with my family. As a person, I am happy.

"Before the coronavirus pandemic, the idea of MLS was firmly in my head, but somehow I changed my mind afterward. After the Barcelona chapter, it's hard to imagine going there."

newcastle-stars-alexander-isak-bruno-guimaraes.jpg
According to reports, Barcelona has expressed a keen interest in Newcastle United's Swedish forward Alexander Isak, who once plied his trade in La Liga. The 23-year-old, who made the switch to Newcastle United from Real Sociedad in August 2022, had a productive 2022-23 season, featuring in 29 matches for the Magpies and contributing 11 goals and three assists.

Isak has continued his impressive form this season, notching two goals in four league appearances, bringing his total to 12 goals and three assists in 31 outings for Newcastle. Despite his remarkable performance, the Swedish international remains under contract with St James' Park until June 2028, and Newcastle possesses the financial means to retain his services.

Nonetheless, per reports from Fichajes, Barcelona is resolute in their pursuit of the striker and envisions him as a potential long-term successor to Robert Lewandowski. Xavi, the head coach of Barcelona, is reported to be an ardent admirer of Isak, who began his professional career at AIK before transferring to Borussia Dortmund in 2017.

During his time at Dortmund, Isak found the net just once in 13 first-team appearances, but he truly thrived at Real Sociedad, amassing an impressive record of 44 goals and eight assists in 132 matches across all competitions. In La Liga, he netted 33 times in 105 appearances and also notched 10 goals in 42 international appearances for Sweden.

Despite Robert Lewandowski's excellent form for Barcelona this season, with three goals and three assists in five La Liga matches, the 35-year-old striker is approaching the latter stages of his career. However, he is contracted to Camp Nou until June 2026, with the possibility of an additional 12 months. Although there were rumors linking him to a move to Saudi Arabia over the summer, the Poland international has unequivocally stated that he never seriously considered leaving Barcelona.
Isak is a fine striker, but i doubt if Newcastle United would be interested in selling, they're the World's richest club for a reason!

Users who are viewing this thread

Who read this thread (Total readers: 0)
    Back