Tyson Fury Vs Francis Ngannou Fight Confirmed For Saudi Arabia (1 Viewer)

MartinGee

Incredible Mister 💪
Staff member
Local time
Today 11:37 AM
Credits
United-States
TM-comp-TYSON-FURY-NGANNOU.jpg
Queensberry Promotions has officially announced a highly anticipated boxing match between Tyson Fury and Francis Ngannou scheduled for October. While Oleksandr Usyk, the IBF, WBA, and WBO heavyweight champion, recently held a press conference with Daniel Dubois, and Anthony Joshua had his own media event ahead of his bout with Dillian Whyte.

Following those press conferences, it has now been confirmed that WBC heavyweight champion Fury will face off against UFC legend Ngannou on October 28 in Saudi Arabia. Initial reports suggested that the fight would be an exhibition, and it is important to note that Fury will not be risking his world title in this match.

However, Queensberry Promotions has clarified that the showdown will follow 'the official rules of boxing' and take place in a standard boxing ring, marking Ngannou's transition from MMA to boxing.

Ngannou left the UFC as the reigning heavyweight champion on a remarkable six-fight winning streak. His most recent victory was against Ciryl Gane by unanimous decision in January 2022. Prior to that, the 36-year-old had achieved five consecutive wins by second-round stoppages. This led to the anticipation of a thrilling clash between Fury, known for his exceptional durability, and Ngannou, celebrated as possessing the "Most Powerful Punch in the world."

On Queensberry's official website, Fury expressed his thoughts on the upcoming bout, stating:
"As soon as that bell goes, it'll be bombs away! This guy is supposed to be the hardest puncher in the world, but let's see how he reacts when he gets hit by the Big GK."
"I can't wait to get back out there under the lights. I'm looking forward to showing the world that The Gypsy King is the greatest fighter of his generation in an epic battle with another master of his craft."

Ngannou added:
"I've been waiting to meet Tyson in the ring for the past three years. My dream was always to box, and to box the best. After becoming the undisputed MMA Heavyweight Champion, this is my opportunity to make that dream come true and cement my position as the baddest man on the planet."

In the event that Fury and Usyk emerge victorious in their upcoming matches, it is anticipated that they will seek to revive negotiations for an undisputed fight in the early months of 2024.

TM-comp-TYSON-FURY-NGANNOU.jpg
Queensberry Promotions has officially announced a highly anticipated boxing match between Tyson Fury and Francis Ngannou scheduled for October. While Oleksandr Usyk, the IBF, WBA, and WBO heavyweight champion, recently held a press conference with Daniel Dubois, and Anthony Joshua had his own media event ahead of his bout with Dillian Whyte.

Following those press conferences, it has now been confirmed that WBC heavyweight champion Fury will face off against UFC legend Ngannou on October 28 in Saudi Arabia. Initial reports suggested that the fight would be an exhibition, and it is important to note that Fury will not be risking his world title in this match.

However, Queensberry Promotions has clarified that the showdown will follow 'the official rules of boxing' and take place in a standard boxing ring, marking Ngannou's transition from MMA to boxing.

Ngannou left the UFC as the reigning heavyweight champion on a remarkable six-fight winning streak. His most recent victory was against Ciryl Gane by unanimous decision in January 2022. Prior to that, the 36-year-old had achieved five consecutive wins by second-round stoppages. This led to the anticipation of a thrilling clash between Fury, known for his exceptional durability, and Ngannou, celebrated as possessing the "Most Powerful Punch in the world."

On Queensberry's official website, Fury expressed his thoughts on the upcoming bout, stating:

Ngannou added:

In the event that Fury and Usyk emerge victorious in their upcoming matches, it is anticipated that they will seek to revive negotiations for an undisputed fight in the early months of 2024.
This fight will be EPIC, hope there's a rematch clause😁

Users who are viewing this thread

Who read this thread (Total readers: 0)
    Back