Tuchel Hints At Replacing Mendy With Kepa As First Choice Goalie (1 Viewer)

Welcome! You have been invited by linski98 to join our community. Please click here to register.

Wonderboy

Staff member
Local time
Today 3:41 PM
Credits
Nigeria
af27fd44db546061c6a920cce21e9d26Y29udGVudHNlYXJjaGFwaSwxNjQ2MTMyMjQ2-2.65576213.jpg
Chelsea manager Thomas Tuchel has hinted that he may want to replace Edouard Mendy with Kepa Arrizabalaga. The Senegal international has been chastised for a string of errors in Chelsea's first six league games, including one that allowed West Ham United to take the lead on Saturday.

Mendy then made another error that nearly cost Chelsea three points, but the goal was rejected after a VAR review, ensuring Chelsea won 2-1. With Mendy's situation under review, there is presently a controversy about whether Kepa should be called up, despite being linked with a summer move away from Stamford Bridge.

Tuchel told reporters regarding the Spanish goalkeeper: "Yes, he attempted to flee. He tried and examined his choices, both of which we were aware of. They were unsatisfying for both him and us. As a result, he stayed.

"That makes me very happy. I was always extremely open and direct with him that I wanted him to stay. And, in my opinion, he's fully prepared to play.
"So it's up to us whether we give him a chance or not. It's our fault, but he's completely prepared in terms of his behavior. He trains exceptionally well."

When asked if he is considering giving Kepa a chance, Chelsea manager Tuchel responded, "First we deal with the players, then we tell you.
Chelsea has 10 points from their first six Premier League games, and they are prepared to face Dinamo Zagreb in the Champions League group stage on Tuesday.

Kepa deserves a chance. He's been very patient, and Mendy has been poor since his return from the AFCON

Users who are viewing this thread

Who read this thread (Total readers: 0)
    Back