Thomas Frank admits Ivan Toney will leave Brentford this summer (1 Viewer)

Martin Hare

Local time
Today 10:12 PM
Credits
3881454-78862008-2560-1440.jpg
Brentford's head coach, Thomas Frank, has acknowledged that there's a strong possibility that their sought-after striker, Ivan Toney, will leave the club in the upcoming summer transfer window.

Toney, who recently returned to Premier League action after an eight-month suspension related to betting, has been the subject of much speculation regarding his future.

As Toney served his ban, talk about his potential departure intensified, especially as he quickly made an impact upon his return to the pitch for Brentford. He scored in consecutive matches against Nottingham Forest and Tottenham Hotspur in January and played a significant role in setting up Neal Maupay's goal against Manchester City, obstructing Nathan Ake's attempt to intercept Mark Flekken's goal kick.

Despite considerable interest from clubs like Arsenal and Chelsea, Brentford managed to hold onto Toney during the January transfer window, reportedly placing a hefty £100 million price tag on him.

However, his contract with the club expires in the summer of 2025, leaving his future uncertain. Earlier, Brentford's sporting director, Lee Dykes, had warned that the club should prepare for Toney's potential departure, a sentiment echoed by Frank in a recent interview with Tipsbladet.

"It's quite obvious that Ivan Toney will most likely be sold in the summer," said Frank, who also hailed Toney as one of the best players in the world in his position.

"It can be expensive to sell your best player, but on the other hand, I also know that by summer, he'll only have a year left on his contract with us. We also know what he's worth. I don't think there are many strikers in the world who are better than him right now.

"He's a really good striker who is in his prime footballing age. Personally, as a coach, I would prefer to keep Toney, but one day it could be fun to see him at a top team. This winter, we actually had no bids for him, but it would surprise me if there aren't a lot of clubs interested in him."

It's crystal clear. My question is, which team will he end up with?
3881454-78862008-2560-1440.jpg
Brentford's head coach, Thomas Frank, has acknowledged that there's a strong possibility that their sought-after striker, Ivan Toney, will leave the club in the upcoming summer transfer window.

Toney, who recently returned to Premier League action after an eight-month suspension related to betting, has been the subject of much speculation regarding his future.

As Toney served his ban, talk about his potential departure intensified, especially as he quickly made an impact upon his return to the pitch for Brentford. He scored in consecutive matches against Nottingham Forest and Tottenham Hotspur in January and played a significant role in setting up Neal Maupay's goal against Manchester City, obstructing Nathan Ake's attempt to intercept Mark Flekken's goal kick.

Despite considerable interest from clubs like Arsenal and Chelsea, Brentford managed to hold onto Toney during the January transfer window, reportedly placing a hefty £100 million price tag on him.

However, his contract with the club expires in the summer of 2025, leaving his future uncertain. Earlier, Brentford's sporting director, Lee Dykes, had warned that the club should prepare for Toney's potential departure, a sentiment echoed by Frank in a recent interview with Tipsbladet.

Users who are viewing this thread

Who read this thread (Total readers: 0)
    Back