Sasa Obradovic showers praises on Mike James, compares him to Drazen Petrovic (1 Viewer)

MUSTAJ

Local time
Today 10:30 PM
Credits
3347898-68438228-2560-1440.jpg
Mike James is on the verge of making history as he approaches becoming the EuroLeague's leading scorer of all time. His coach at AS Monaco, Sasa Obradovic, has nothing but the utmost admiration for James, praising both his exceptional work ethic and undeniable talent.

In a recent interview with Blazo Komnenic from Meridian Sport, Obradovic went as far as to declare James as the most gifted player in all of Europe.

"I think that the record he will achieve should be heard even more along with the team's success. I hope he will be the MVP this season, but I also hope that individual success will be followed by team success. If he fails to connect those two things, he will be characterized as very good but not as the best ever," Obradovic said.

"There is no other person like him. Even in the technical-tactical sense, he is the best I've had the opportunity to see. I work with him every day, and I know what I'm talking about. I've played with the greatest players, and I can say that no one has had that level of talent combined with speed. The skill level he possesses is hard to come by. I don't think there is a player of such qualities in Europe," the coach said. "Shooting, offense, defense... He has everything."

When prompted to provide specific instances showcasing James's character on and off the court, Obradovic wasted no time emphasizing James's deep passion for basketball and his unwavering commitment to hard work.

"We recently beat Barcelona, the players got a day off, and Mike went to watch Juventut['s game vs. Rio Breogan in ACB]. He is so in love with basketball," Obradovic shared.

The Monaco coach also compared James' work ethic to that of the legendary shooting guard, the late Drazen Petrovic.

"This man is - just like Drazen Petrovic was - a workaholic. He works harder than others, and that's why he is who he is. Even the day before the game, he can get himself caught on a night out, but you won't notice it when he goes out on the court. You cannot find such a person. There are very few people like Mike," the coach said.

Users who are viewing this thread

Who read this thread (Total readers: 0)
    Back