Ronda Rousey informs WWE about leaving over her feud with Shayna Baszler (1 Viewer)

Wonderboy

Staff member
Local time
Today 8:47 PM
Credits
Nigeria
889c1-16882439824431-1920.jpg
Shayna Baszler's betrayal of Ronda Rousey at this year's Money in the Bank PLE event came as a major shocker. Recently, Dave Meltzer shed light on WWE's creative strategies and revealed that Rousey's time with the company would be short-lived.

After making a comeback to WWE last year, Ronda Rousey faced a series of ups and downs until she eventually formed an eagerly awaited partnership with Shayna Baszler. However, their reign as women's tag team champions was abruptly halted at Money in the Bank when Baszler launched a surprise attack on Rousey, leaving her to defend their titles alone.

Liv Morgan and Raquel Rodriguez seized the opportunity and reclaimed the belts. WWE seized the moment to initiate Shayna Baszler's character turn, and it is widely anticipated by fans that she will engage in a fiery rivalry with Ronda Rousey.

During the Wrestling Observer Radio recap of MITB, Dave Meltzer confirmed the existence of a fixed end date, or a "hard out," in Ronda Rousey's WWE contract. It has been reported that the former women's champion has already informed WWE about her final date, with sources suggesting that she will part ways with the company before WrestleMania next year.

"The thing was, and I don't know the date, and it might be SummerSlam, and it might be a little bit after. But the deal is that Ronda has a hard out. She gave a date. This is my last date. I remember talking to somebody there, and it was like, well, I know they are going to do this and make the big match for WrestleMania. No, it's like, her hard out is, they didn't give me the date, but it's long before WrestleMania," reported Meltzer".

The original intention of WWE was to eventually create a rivalry between Ronda Rousey and Shayna Baszler. According to reports, the initial plan was for Rousey and Baszler to capture the Women's Tag Team Championship before progressing towards their eventual split. However, this plan was disrupted due to an unfortunate injury suffered by Rousey, causing a delay in the timeline.

It was always WWE's desire for Baszler and Rousey to clash, and it's worth mentioning that Ronda herself was eager to make this happen on television. In real life, the members of the Four Horsewomen of MMA, including Rousey and Baszler, share a close bond. It is even rumored that Baszler played a pivotal role in introducing Ronda to the world of professional wrestling.
"The point is, whatever it is they are planning to do, they want to do a feud," Meltzer added. "The whole tag team was to set up Ronda and Shayna doing a feud. Ronda wanted to do this feud with Shayna. She's got what she wanted because Shayna is the one who basically got her into pro wrestling."

Are you looking forward to seeing Baszler vs. Rousey? Leave a comment below and share your thoughts!

Users who are viewing this thread

Who read this thread (Total readers: 0)
    Back