Roma signs Leandro Paredes from PSG (1 Viewer)

paredes-roma-official-2308.jpg.webp
Roma has officially announced the signing of Argentine midfielder, Leandro Paredes in a permanent transfer from Paris Saint-Germain. The 29-year-old is making a return to the Giallorossi after spending three years with the club from 2014 to 2017. During his previous stint, he played in 54 matches and netted four goals.

Having previously been loaned to Empoli while with Roma and subsequently joining Zenit St. Petersburg in 2017, Paredes has now penned a two-year contract with Jose Mourinho's squad, binding him until the conclusion of the 2024-25 season. The transfer will see PSG earning over €4 million (£3.4 million) for his departure.

"Coming back to Rome is always a special thing, but doing so now as a Roma player is even more special," the South American told the official Roma website.

"I'd like to thank the fans for welcoming me and Roma for bringing me back to the club where I launched my career in Europe. Last year was an incredibly happy one for me with the World Cup, so now I want to keep tasting success and I'm convinced I can do just that with this team."

After departing Roma for the first time six years ago, Paredes amassed an array of domestic accolades during his stint with PSG from 2019 to 2023. He secured three Ligue 1 championships along with three Trophee des Champions victories, two Coupe de France triumphs, and a Coupe de la Ligue title.

While donning the PSG jersey, the former Boca Juniors prodigy contributed three goals and 10 assists across 117 matches. However, his prominence waned under Christophe Galtier's leadership, leading him to spend the 2022-23 season on loan at Juventus.

Users who are viewing this thread

Who read this thread (Total readers: 0)
    Back