PSG signs Ousmane Dembele from Barcelona (1 Viewer)

dembele-psg-1.jpg
Paris Saint-Germain has successfully finalized the signing of Ousmane Dembele from Barcelona. The 26-year-old has joined the ranks of the French giants for a transfer fee estimated at approximately €50 million (£43.2 million). Dembele has officially inked a five-year contract that binds him to the Parc des Princes until 2028.

This transfer marks the conclusion of Dembele's tenure at Camp Nou, a period that was marked by injuries and setbacks. Throughout six years, he managed 185 appearances across various competitions. In the previous season, the French international took to the field 35 times, finding the net eight times, contributing to his cumulative goal tally of 40 across all competitions for the Catalan club.

"I'm delighted to be joining Paris Saint-Germain and can't wait to play for my new club. I hope I can continue to grow here and make all the club's fans proud," Dembele told the club's official website.
Club president Nasser Al-Khelaifi added: "We are delighted to welcome Ousmane Dembele to Paris Saint-Germain where he will be an important and committed player for our club.
"The passion and determination shown by Ousmane as he has signed for PSG is fantastic and perfectly corresponds to the attitude required of all of our players.

"We are proud to be able to bring another French World Cup winner to Paris Saint-Germain as we enter a new great era for our club."

Dembele's transfer marks his return to Ligue 1, a league he last played in during the 2015-16 season. Back then, as a young talent, he showcased his prowess by netting 12 goals in 29 matches for Rennes.

Subsequently, the attacker embarked on a journey with Borussia Dortmund before making a headline-grabbing move to Barcelona in the 2017-18 season. This transfer positioned him as the second-most expensive player in history, chosen to fill the void left by Neymar's departure.

Throughout his time in Spain, Dembele amassed an impressive trophy collection, clinching three La Liga titles and two Copa del Rey titles. Additionally, his football journey coincided with France's triumph in the 2018 World Cup, where he was part of the squad that secured victory. Furthermore, he played a pivotal role in leading France to the final in Qatar four years later.

Users who are viewing this thread

Who read this thread (Total readers: 0)
    Back