Nico Williams signs new deal with Athletic Bilbao amid Premier League interest (1 Viewer)

Nico-Williams-1.jpg
Athletic Bilbao has just announced some exciting news about Nico Williams! The sought-after forward has officially signed a fresh three-year contract, extending until June 2027.

At 21 years old, Williams, who was nearing the end of his initial deal next summer, has been the subject of numerous rumors suggesting a potential departure from the La Liga club. Powerhouse teams like Barcelona and Real Madrid have reportedly shown interest, with Barcelona even reaching out to the player's agent earlier this season.

Additionally, several Premier League clubs, including Manchester United, Manchester City, Arsenal, Liverpool, Tottenham Hotspur, Chelsea, Brighton & Hove Albion, and Aston Villa, have been linked to the highly-rated forward.

Despite the buzz surrounding his potential move, Williams has now settled the speculation by committing to a new long-term contract with his childhood club, Bilbao.

"I'm very happy to be here in Bilbao, I'm very happy to be here with my people and with this great family that his Athletic Club," Williams said as quoted by the club's official social media account 'X'.

"I have to thank my teammates for giving me this opportunity. I've been here since I was 11 years old, but it's been a very long journey all the way from the lower age groups.

"I [have not] forgotten all those coaches I've had, they have all helped me to be who I am today. This is a dream come true, I am happy and I have to keep working hard."

"To be honest, I'm very happy to be staying at my home," Williams added. "Hopefully we can achieve the goals we've set and if everything goes right we'll get into Europe.

"I have to thank the fans too, they've supported me from the first minute, in the good times and the bad, which is important.

"I hope to pay that back, starting on Saturday (against Rayo Vallecano) and make them proud of us, as were going to keep fighting with a lot of spirit".

Users who are viewing this thread

Who read this thread (Total readers: 0)
    Back