Liverpool's Alexis Mac Allister to miss Manchester United clash (1 Viewer)

Macallisterecoveryinsta.jpg
Liverpool manager Jurgen Klopp has confirmed that midfielder Alexis Mac Allister will be unavailable for the upcoming Premier League clash against Manchester United on Sunday.

The Argentina international suffered an injury during the 2-0 victory over Sheffield United last Wednesday, where he sustained a cut on his knee. Initially, Mac Allister continued playing with the injury bandaged up, but he was eventually substituted in the 59th minute, with Curtis Jones taking his place.

Despite missing Saturday's win against Crystal Palace, Mac Allister is now expected to be sidelined for the upcoming matches against Union SG and Manchester United. Klopp, speaking ahead of Thursday's Europa League meeting with Union SG, disclosed that the extent of the player's injury is more complex than initially anticipated.

"I am obviously not a doctor but they explain it to me pretty much every day why he is not ready yet and it is obviously a bit more tricky than we thought in the first moment.
"The other boy stepped on his knee and the stud went through pretty much the muscle onto the bone. And now we have to wait until the bone is healed and until Macca can deal with the pain, because it is pretty painful.

"Macca is actually a super tough guy so we have probably to make sure just from an infection point of view nothing happens. That's really important.

"I never had this injury for one of my players before but now we have it. I hope it will not take that long, I would like to say it's day by day – but that would look like he could maybe play the next game but he will not be ready for that as well. So, I hope the next three or four days he makes big steps and then we will see."

Macallisterecoveryinsta.jpg
Liverpool manager Jurgen Klopp has confirmed that midfielder Alexis Mac Allister will be unavailable for the upcoming Premier League clash against Manchester United on Sunday.

The Argentina international suffered an injury during the 2-0 victory over Sheffield United last Wednesday, where he sustained a cut on his knee. Initially, Mac Allister continued playing with the injury bandaged up, but he was eventually substituted in the 59th minute, with Curtis Jones taking his place.

Despite missing Saturday's win against Crystal Palace, Mac Allister is now expected to be sidelined for the upcoming matches against Union SG and Manchester United. Klopp, speaking ahead of Thursday's Europa League meeting with Union SG, disclosed that the extent of the player's injury is more complex than initially anticipated.
This game can go either way. When it comes to Liverpool Vs Man United, form isn't relevant. It's all about the RIVALRY

Users who are viewing this thread

Who read this thread (Total readers: 0)
    Back