Leeds United willing re-sign midfielder Kalvin Phillips from Manchester City (1 Viewer)

Callercoded

Local time
Today 7:35 PM
Credits
TELEMMGLPICT000306520387_17030803672680_trans_NvBQzQNjv4BqqVzuuqpFlyLIwiB6NTmJwauLYewjGO21NF-o1gxbkUI.jpeg
Leeds United is reportedly eyeing a reunion with Kalvin Phillips from Manchester City in the upcoming summer transfer window, provided they secure promotion back to the Premier League. If Leeds make it to the top flight, they are expected to invest significantly in strengthening their squad, with acquiring a reliable midfield anchor like Phillips being a top priority.

Phillips, an England international aged 28, left Leeds for Manchester City in the summer of 2022 for a reported fee of around £42m. Despite being brought in to provide competition for Rodri in City's midfield, Phillips struggled to cement his place in Pep Guardiola's team after returning from injury. Consequently, he was loaned out to West Ham United for six months during the January transfer window.

Football Insider reports that Leeds anticipates Phillips returning to Manchester City at the end of the current season but is likely to be sold permanently thereafter. Despite his challenging stint at City, Phillips remains highly regarded at his hometown club, and Leeds is keen on striking a deal to bring him back if they make it back to the Premier League.

Leeds, currently sitting in second place in the Championship standings, recently secured an impressive 3-1 victory over league leaders Leicester City. Phillips' journey since leaving Leeds hasn't unfolded as expected, especially after Guardiola expressed doubts about his future at Manchester City.

"I don't know what's going to happen. I feel so sorry for my decision for him. I've said that many times." He doesn't deserve what has happened to him and I'm so sorry.

"The only thing I can say about him is I am asking for good personalities and characters and he is a perfect example. And after that I have to give him something and I didn't do that.
"It's just because I visualise some things and visualise the team and things - and I struggle to see him," Guardiola told reporters back in December

Users who are viewing this thread

Who read this thread (Total readers: 0)
    Back