Jurgen Klopp Not Scared Of Being Sacked By Liverpool (1 Viewer)

Welcome! You have been invited by lonjezo to join our community. Please click here to register.

Wonderboy

Staff member
Local time
Today 2:12 PM
Credits
Nigeria
jurgen klopp not afraid of liverpool sack
Despite a spate of high-profile managerial departures in the Premier League and abroad, Liverpool boss Jurgen Klopp has stated that he is not concerned about being sacked. Over the weekend, Brendan Rodgers and Graham Potter were both let go from their roles at Leicester City and Chelsea respectively, bringing the total number of Premier League managers to have lost their jobs this season to twelve.

Tottenham Hotspur also parted ways with Antonio Conte during the international break, while Bayern Munich dismissed Julian Nagelsmann and replaced him with Thomas Tuchel in a surprising move.

Despite Liverpool's struggles during the 2022-23 campaign, Klopp has faith in the team and is not worried about his job security, even though the club's owners may have a different perspective if it were his first year in charge. Klopp has signed a contract that runs until 2026, and ahead of Liverpool's match against Chelsea on Tuesday, he admitted that he is not fearful of being dismissed, even though Bruno Saltor has taken over as interim manager for Chelsea.

"I'm not afraid [of the sack], no. There's no need for being afraid, I need to deliver. I am not here as a mural on house walls, I am here to deliver," Klopp said during his pre-game press conference.

"I'm aware of the fact that I am sitting here because of the past, not because of what we did this season. We have smart owners - they know about the situation. If this was my first season, it would be slightly different.

"I am fully in [to Liverpool] - but we have to sort this. We cannot just continue playing how we do from time to time. I am really disappointed about us that we do this but it happens. We have to find a way out.

"The elephant in the room is probably why I am still sitting here, in this Nuts world! Last man standing! Things can go the wrong way, things can change - we all accept that as part of the business. It's a strange week, Conte, Nagelsmann, and now these two."
In Liverpool's recent lunchtime fixture against Manchester City, manager Jurgen Klopp witnessed a lacklustre 4-1 defeat, which marked the team's third consecutive loss after being beaten by Real Madrid and Bournemouth before the international break. To make matters worse, Liverpool were missing five injured players, including Stefan Bajcetic (adductor), Calvin Ramsay (knee), Luis Diaz (knee), Thiago Alcantara (hip), and Naby Keita (muscle), all of whom are expected to be unavailable for their upcoming match against Chelsea at Stamford Bridge.

Despite these setbacks, Klopp has stated that he intends to make changes to the team's lineup, and players such as Roberto Firmino, Darwin Nunez, and Kostas Tsimikas are competing to be included in the starting eleven.

"We give the boys as much time as possible to recover but there will be changes, definitely. In this moment I have no clue who I can line up," Klopp added.

When discussing the status of Luis Diaz and Thiago Alcantara's recoveries, Jurgen Klopp explained that Diaz is still not fit for the upcoming match, stating,

"He is not ready for this game. We still need to allow him more time. Even though we are eager for him to return, we must still be patient."
"I wouldn't say Arsenal is totally out of the question but it looks unlikely. Thiago, we'll see how he reacts. He is not available for tomorrow."

Liverpool's loss at Etihad Stadium resulted in them dropping to eighth place in the Premier League table, falling behind Brighton & Hove Albion and Brentford. The gap between Liverpool and the top four teams could potentially increase to 10 points if Tottenham Hotspur manage to defeat Everton in their match on Monday night.

Users who are viewing this thread

Who read this thread (Total readers: 0)
    Back